[Mapserver-users] Order of submit parameters

Berend Veldkamp berend.veldkamp at aris.nl
Tue Jun 8 12:00:06 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a problem calling the mapserv CGI application from Mozilla (1.6).
When I query the map by clicking on it, I get this message:
"mapserv(): Web application error. Query mode needs a point, imgxy and
mapxy are not set."

I found:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0302/msg00546.html
According to this thread, the order of parameters can cause this
behaviour. Indeed, when comparing the URL's generated by IE and Mozilla,
the only thing that differs is their order. Manually moving img.x and
img.y to the end of the URL solves the problem! Unfortunately, changing
the order of "INPUT" tags in my template doesn't seem to help.

The same problem occurs when clicking on the reference map (ref.x and
ref.y), or when zooming in/out by clicking on the map, so it seems it
has something to do with the <INPUT type=IMAGE ...> tag.

This situation can easily be replicated here:
http://www.webmap.nl/vloop/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=../pag/vloop.map&layer=route&layer=landuse&zoom=2
Click on "i" below the map, and then on one of the purple lines.

Thanks in advance,

Berend