[Mapserver-users] OGC compliance for WMS

Barry Wilson barrywilson at fs.fed.us
Tue Jun 8 18:02:11 EDT 2004

Frank,

Thanks for the information on the timeline.

Cheers,

-Ty

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
B. Tyler Wilson
USDA Forest Service
North Central Research Station
1992 Folwell Avenue
St. Paul, MN  55108
651-649-5189  barrywilson at fs.fed.us
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                      Frank Warmerdam
                      <warmerdam at pobox         To:      Barry Wilson <barrywilson at fs.fed.us>
                      .com>                    cc:      mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
                                               Subject: Re: [Mapserver-users] OGC compliance for WMS
                      06/08/2004 10:26
                      AM

Barry Wilson wrote:

> I've been reading through the archives and saw a couple of threads
related
> to Mapserver OGC compliance for WMS dated from November 03 and January
04.
> Has the issue of "non-square" pixels been or is it being addressed?

Barry,

I am tasked to implement support for non-square pixels in MapServer
in the near future.  It will likely be a bit of a "hack" based on the
mechanism I implemented for supporting rotated map output.

This will be implemented in MapServer 4.3 (CVS) and be released with 4.4.
The work is being supported by DM Solutions Group.

Best regards,

warmerdam at pobox.com