[Mapserver-users] (no subject)

Mario Basa mbasa at orkney.co.jp
Sun Jun 13 21:30:08 EDT 2004

There is a patch to Mapserver that was created to handle 2-Byte
character sets. It adds an "ENCODING" tag within the LABEL class, so
that different character sets can be used at the same time (i.e. SJIS
for Legend, EUC-JP from a PostGIS Layer, etc.) which makes it flexible
when working with data sets with numerous encodings.

More info can be found here:

http://www.grass-japan.org/FOSS4G/MAPSERVER/mapserver-inten.html

and somebody was able to use it with Chinese fonts as described here:

http://www.grass-japan.org/FOSS4G/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2

mario.