[Mapserver-users] Query By Point Help

Eric Katherman vaiod at berloy.com
Mon Jun 14 16:38:26 EDT 2004

I am missing something when doing querys using PHP... Could someone look and
see what I might be missing... I am using the following...

(Most code taken from the phpgis demo)

$queryObj = $map->queryByPoint( $ptClicked,MS_SINGLE,0 );

ptClicked returns the X/Y/M points

I then echo out queryObj and get either 1 or 0 although I am not sure why it
seems random. ???

$oLayer = $map->GetLayer(2);
$numResults = $oLayer->getNumResults();
echo ("<br>results: ".$numResults);

According to the docs, getNumResults returns any results from the query on the
previous layer. This returns 0, I was getting it to return 1 at some point
but haven't been able to get it back since then.  The layer I want to query
is number 2, what am I missing here.  I am able to get the data out when
using the basic html tools but have had no luck with the php side.  Please
help...