[Mapserver-users] review your bugs

Dean Gadoury dgadoury at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jun 15 13:25:49 EDT 2004

Hi List,

This is for anyone who has reported bugs in Bugzilla. At the recent
MapServer User Meeting some of the core developers suggested some tips
on getting your bugs addressed. The main thing was to provide clear
steps to reproduce the bug including full error messages, map files,
(small) data sets, screenshots, code snippets, suggestions, anything
that will make it easier and faster to reproduce.

There are probably quite a few bugs in Bugzilla right now that lack
sufficient supporting information, so I suggest that everyone review the
bugs you have reported and fill in the blanks where they appear. I'm
sure the developers would appreciate it and it might even help move your
pet bugs along.

Dean