[Mapserver-users] mapinfo

Stéphane MOREL stephane.morel at vanoise.com
Wed Jun 16 05:50:35 EDT 2004

Sylvain Beorchia a écrit :

> Hi list,
>
> Anyone has already used the MITAB library to create object in a
> mapinfo layer ?
> I try to use it, but i'm not sure it is possible to open an existing
> mapinfo file to add some objects.
> It seems to be only possible to create some new ones and add objects...
> Anyone can confirm, or better, tell me that it's possible to update
> the file ?
> Thanks.
> Sylvain.

I use mitab too and I can't manage to update an existing file. It's
clearly mentionned in the documentation file

mitab_handle MITAB_STDCALL mitab_c_open 	(  	const char *
/pszFilename/ 	)

Open an existing .TAB or .MIF dataset for read access.

The function automatically detects the format (.MIF or .TAB) of the
specified file.

_*Note that it is not possible to open a file for update (i.e.
read+write) with the current version of the library.*_

*Parameters: *
    /pszFilename/  	the complete filename (including extension .TAB or
    .MIF) of the file to open.

*Returns: *
    a valid mitab_handle, or NULL if the file could not be opened.

 Stephane
PS :  I guess it's not the right newsgroup for discussing round mitab