[Mapserver-users] mapserver and context-based

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Wed Jun 16 08:42:42 EDT 2004

Hi,

You can use MapServer for Web Map Context Documents with PHP MapScript, which has two methods within the map object:

loadMapContext();
saveMapContext();

Check out the PHP docs for more info.

There is also a 'hidden' feature you can specify in your mapfile WEB METADATA object:

"wms_getcontext_enabled" "1"

..which, if specified, allows for MapServer CGI to respond to:

http://host/mapserv?map=map.map&request=GetContext

..keep in mind this is turned OFF by default, as the mapfile WMS connections may have information you may or may not want to expose.

Hope this helps.

..Tom

Tom Kralidis
Systems Scientist