[Mapserver-users] shp2img error on my mapfile

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jun 16 09:47:30 EDT 2004

Trent Burton wrote:
> I have been looking through past e-mails speaking of this error (but a
> different error number) that talks about checking your epsg file to see
> if the epsg codes in my mapfile are in the epsg file, and making sure
> that the epsg file exists (the codes are indeed there and I have
> installed proj folder as C:\Proj), but I get the following error.  I am
> operating on Win 2K box.
>
> msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. no system list, errno:
> 1372071423

Trent,

Well, it isn't a very good sign. The crazy number would seem to indicate that
the pj_errno variable was not properly initialized or was overwritten by some
sort of memory corruption.

Generally speaking, getting an error message from msProcessProjection() means
that pj_init() failed for some reason.   So, yes, you do have a projections
problem.  I imagine you did this before, but could you send me your projection
declarations?

Best regards,