[Mapserver-users] Mapserver 4.2 with Oracle !???

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jun 16 15:58:28 EDT 2004

Just a follw up into this discussion : I have build mapserver/php
mapscript (CVS version) with oracle 8.1.7 for windows. As I mentionned
in previous e-mails, I am not setup to test if it really works although
a few months back someone has used a similar build  successfully.
The zip is loacted at
http://www.maptools.org/dl/mapserver-4.3-win32-php4.3.7_oracle.zip

  If there are people that can use it/test it, I can certainly make it
available on maptools with reguilar builds. People have expressed the
need to have php/mapscript with Orcale support but I need help to make
sure that it works.

Best Regards,

Pericles S. Nacionales wrote:
> Nicolas,
>
> I'm in the process of compiling MapServer 4.2 for windows and will
> include oracle spatial support.  It's taking a bit longer as I'm also
> compiling new versions of other libraries.  It should be available in
> the MapServer website sometime tomorrow.  I don't know if there's a
> version in maptools.org with oracle spatial support but you can check at
> http://www.maptools.org.
>
> Cheers!
> -Perry N.
>
> On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 08:59, Fortin,Nicolas [SteFoy] wrote:
>
>>Hi list,
>>
>>I wonder if someone already have compiled mapserver 4.2 with oracle
>>spatial support like ms402_gif_oracle.zip for windows?
>>If the answer is yes, where will it be available on the mapserver site?
>>
>>Thx,
>>
>>Nicolas Fortin

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst