[Mapserver-users] Other MapServer mailing lists

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Thu Jun 17 00:16:17 EDT 2004

Tyler,

 - A "newbies only" list may not get much expert attention and
   diminsh its value to newbies.

 - An announcement list, or some form of moderated list would be
   cool. Maybe not just "official announcements", but anything the
   moderator feels to be news-worthy. Perhaps something more bloggish?

 - John's comments on subject lines was a good one. Suggesting that
   subscribers use an agreed set of subject lines may help people
   sort their mail more easily. People do that to an extent already
   (aka, "PHP", "Perl"), but others such as "[Announce]", "[OGC]"
   "[solution]", "[problem]" and such might facilitate this.

 - Some way of filtering speculation from answers might be nice.

And yes, this list is a great resource and a definte advantage. :o)

Antti