[Mapserver-users] Unable to access file. set in index.html

COUTUJF at dfo-mpo.gc.ca COUTUJF at dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Thu Jun 17 08:56:30 EDT 2004

Hi everybody,
		Following the meeting in Ottawa last week, I'm trying to set
up a demo mapserver application to show to management what MapServer  can do
for us. I'm using apache1.3 on Windows NT4 . I customized the Itasca demo to
fit my data. So here is my problem, let's start with the stuff that works:

If I try

http://serveraddress/mapserv.exe?map=../htdocs/workshop/test.map&mode=map

I get the map I want.

I also specified in the index.html those variables:

<input type="hidden" name="map" value="..\htdocs\workshop\test.map">
      <input type="hidden" name="program" value=".\mapserv.exe">
      <input type="hidden" name="root" value="..\htdocs\workshop\">
      <input type="hidden" name="map_web_imagepath" value="E:\Program
Files\Apache Group\Apache\htdocs\workshop\tmp\">
      <input type="hidden" name="map_web_imageurl" value=".\workshop\tmp\">

I can see that the .png files are created by mapServer in the /tmp/
directory, but when I try to use the template, hence the Initialize button
(identical to Itasca one) I get:

index.html

I did try to get directly to

http://serveraddress/workshop/tmp/filename.png

and I do get the png in the browser so I guess it's no security problem.

please help, thanks!

JF Coutu
Canadian Cost Guard
coutujf at dfo-mpo.gc.ca