[Mapserver-users] Help with QueryBypoint

Ganesh Pulicherla ganesh at cs.und.edu
Thu Jun 17 17:42:01 EDT 2004

Hello everyone,

We are using Mapserver version 4(php/mapscript) with ROSA applet. We have been
using the browse mode in our application successfully.
Now, we plan to incorporate the query mode in our application. The goal is:
When the user clicks on the map, the text results (attributes associated with
the enabled layers at that point click) should to be displayed.
I have tried using QueryByPoint() but couldnt get any results. I am not sure
if the php-mapscript i am using is incorrect or the mapfile is incorrect.
Also, i have to admit that i didnt understand how the query works.
I browsed through the archives but couldnt get full information regarding how
the query works. Can anyone explain me how the QueryBypoint works and how to
retrieve the results on success, and what all should be taken care of when
performing the query like queryobject in mapfile,mode,...
I hope someone could help me out with this.

Any links or examples or any information would be very helpful.

Thanks a lot in advance
Ganesh
University of North Dakota