[Mapserver-users] Other MapServer mailing lists

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Thu Jun 17 20:29:31 EDT 2004

> Tyler Mitchell schrieb:
> > Some of us have been discussing/debating about how to improve the
> > MapServer community, specifically via the mailing lists.  The idea is that
> > there might be some benefit gained from creating a new list or two.

The discussion so far sounds like 4 lists might be in order

1) "mapserver-announce"    // low volume *read-only* announcements
                                            //   of new releases group events etc
2) "mapserver-users"          // 'this group' - normal discussion
3) "mapserver-tutors"         // beginners needing some hand holding
4) "mapserver-dev"            // technical developer discussion *only*

> > I am not sure how well all the questions get answered, especially
> > considering the volume of mail coming through these days.

For those who find the volume of the list excessive
i.e. your mailbox seems to be overflowing
there is an excellent newsgroup interface available @
nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.mapserver.user

Cheers

Norman