[Mapserver-users] WMS clients and Mapserver (JUMP, ArcExplorer)

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Fri Jun 18 11:22:24 EDT 2004

Martin Tomko wrote:

> HI List,
> I thought I already went trough this... after some time, I am trying to
> use a different client and here the problems comes again...
> (I am using the 4.3 build)
> I tried to add a WMS layer to JUMP,
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/wms.exe? ( I use SetEnvIf Request_URI
> "/cgi-bin/wms.exe" MS_MAPFILE=c:/Apache/Apache/htdocs/WMS/WMS.map) in my
> apache config
> And it finds the layers and even add the selected one, but doesn't
> display anything...

Jump does not automatically adjust the extents to match a WMS layer (at
least not for me). So be sure you Jump map window extents cover the WMS
layer's area. (Try adding your layer as a shape file, which will force
Jump to adjust its extents).

> Ok, so I tried ArcExplorer java ed. + Interop Extensions... It claims
> that my GetCapabilities is not correct...

ArcExplorer requires that there be only one (or no) SRS in the
projection list. Otherwise it fails. And it requires a wms_abstract.

--
Richard Greenwood
www.greenwoodmap.com