[Mapserver-users] problem displaying a single image

Steven Monai stevem at spatialmapping.com
Mon Jun 21 13:52:48 EDT 2004

Eric:

Your problem is that the MapServer CGI thinks your layer
"communes18_original" is turned off. (Yes, I know, you have STATUS ON in the
layer section, but for some reason, the CGI has behaved in this way for as
long as I've known it, circa version 3.5.) To tell the CGI to turn on the
layer, you need to add "&layer=communes18_original" (without the quotes) to
the end of your URL. Each additional layer that you want turned on (if you
had any) would require a corresponding "&layer=xxx".

An alternative to specifying the layer in the URL is to make the layer's
status "DEFAULT" instead of "ON". DEFAULT layers are always drawn, so you
don't have to specify it in the URL. The drawback, of course, is that you
lose the ability to turn the layer off, but in your case, that probably
doesn't matter.

Hope this helps,
-SM
Steven Monai