[Mapserver-users] free map server/mapping hundreds of addresses on a webpage

Howard Butler hobu at iastate.edu
Mon Jun 21 17:14:36 EDT 2004

Ed,

Check out my website at http://hobu.biz  In the lower right hand corner
there is a box called geocode.  Type in a US address and you should get a
map with a dot on the location of your address.

This was built with http://geocoder.us.  Geocoder.us provides a SOAP and
XMLRPC interface to allow you to make geocoding requests.  This example
application was built with Python MapScript (it is slow).  You could easily
do the same with other variants of MapScript.

The software behind geocoder.us is GNU, and you can use it plus the TIGER
data to build your own geocoding server (expect the number of requests
using http://geocoder.us remote interface to be limited)

Howard