[Mapserver-users] How to log requests on remote wms-servers

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jun 23 12:09:16 EDT 2004

Frieso ter Haseborg wrote:

> I just want to log the url the mapserver-client generates and sends to a remote wms-server I've no access to. In this case MS_ERRORFILE as mentioned by Daniel did it, since the client received a HTTP request error. But a general mechanism to log the generated url would still be interesting.

FYI the URL is already logged when you have build with --enable-debug on
Linux and you set DEBUG TRUE on the WMS layers. The output goes to
stderr, i.e. the Apache error_log. Unfortunately this is not available
in the Windows builds that we provide. I have asked Assefa to add this
in his future builds. And once bug 709 is addressed this should all be
available through a more user-friendly mechanism.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca