[Mapserver-users] problem adding north arrow to map

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jun 23 12:17:41 EDT 2004

The SYMBOL really should be inside the STYLE object, that would make it
less of a kludge. The old keywords at the class level really affect one
of two styles behind the scenes. One main one and one for overlay. Folks
should move away from those shortcuts. Anyway, the behavior described is
really a bug. A SYMBOL should be enough to create a STYLE, just as a
COLOR or OUTLINECOLOR can. I've fixed this in the 4.3 tree.

Steve

>>> "Charlton Purvis" <cpurvis at asg.sc.edu> 6/23/2004 10:10:37 AM >>>
I'm sure you'll get a better answer than my hackneyed approach, but I
found that a CLASS needs a COLOR in order to show up.  For some reason
for CLASS-es that really shouldn't have a COLOR (like yours), the
empty
STLE does the trick.

But I will now move aside for those who know the nitty gritty . . .

[Charlton bows gracefully as others enter stage right.]