[Mapserver-users] Python Mapscript setup and import

Ken Bolton kebolton at vassar.edu
Fri Jun 25 10:40:24 EDT 2004

Tyler,

I went and removed the built and byte-compiled mapscript.py and
mapscript.pyc from site-packages, then ran "python setup.py install"
again. Here is the output. Looks normal to me, but I'm no expert.

mapserver-4.2.0/mapscript/python$ sudo python setup.py install
running install
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
running install_lib
copying build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/mapscript.py ->
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages
byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/mapscript.py to
mapscript.pyc

I will try to get on IRC, but there was an IRC-based attack originating
from my campus in the last few days, so I may need to hop around to get
to freenode. Thanks, all, for the help with this.

Ken