[Mapserver-users] Rosa applet, map colours changing as I zoom in

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Jun 30 11:53:39 EDT 2004

Yup!, this is the problem of using up all the color lookup table entries
in the browser and the brower then does substitution or over-writing of
entries so it gets displayed wrong.

I have had to create a dummy LAYER with CLASS's to define colors I want
to protect and using a feature to place dots on the image as the first
layer.  This then gets over written by other layers, bit forces
mapserver to create the colors that I want early in the image as it
seems the later ones are the ones that get changes.

This is very annoying and very hard to maintain over a bunch of mapfiles
that are changing. There is a bug about it (don't remember the number),
but I don't know when it might be tackled.

-Steve