[Mapserver-users] Mapserver and Apache performance

J. Delfos delfos18 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 18:42:01 EST 2004

What is the performance like with a tiny dataset? Are you sure that size
of your data, or even the Chameleon system, is your bottleneck? Could be
your client has a very slow pc, which has trouble processing so much
script. Try loading with tiny data. Or perhaps try rebuilding your
shapefile completely, while stripping attributes you don't need. Maybe the
shapefile was just not constructed efficiently. Are your files in the same
projection, or are you reprojecting a lot?

Jacob