[Mapserver-users] Tileindex questions.

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Fri Mar 26 17:07:18 EST 2004

Bob -

No, creating seamless edgematched tiles does not take care of that
aspect.  It doesn't address the issue of how MapServer determines
*which* of the 528 files needs to be used to produce a requested map.

If you're requesting an image that requires most of the source images, a
TILEINDEX won't help much.  But you'll have other problems - if you
think that's going to happen (in your case you say it won't) you should
have resampled lower-resolution images available to serve those
lower-resolution requests.  Otherwise you're going to be reading a
zillion pixels from disk only to throw away most of them.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com