[Mapserver-users] Which is better: PHPMapScript query engine or PHP dBase functions?

Ryan, Adam ARyan at co.linn.or.us
Mon May 3 14:38:32 EDT 2004

Eduardo,

I might be off track but...

I thought about this myself.  In order to display the result shapes you need
to have a query result either from doing the query in mapscript or loading a
saved query file.  The former defeats the point of querying the dBase since
you're duplicating your steps, and the later requires you to manually build
a query file but you can't do that unless you can get at the dBase record -
shapefile index relationship which I don't know how to do.

Again, I may be off track, but querying the dBase file may not be feasible.

Adam