[Mapserver-users] What the extent hits?

Norbert Thieme norbert.thieme at ilmenau.baw.de
Wed May 5 06:59:59 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm trying to find out if there is a simple way to find out what layers
and Shapes are in the current extent. The question may be silly because
I can do query by rectancle with the current extent but the
functionality is already in mapscript and get used when querying by
attributes.

I'm going to use a context sensitiv legend. I only want to see the
Layers which are in the current extent and also only the displayed
classes of each layer.

I can write that my own but if I could get from the mapobj it would sure
be better for the performance.

Ideas are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Norbert