[Mapserver-users] Can't locate object method "TIEHASH"

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Fri May 28 13:18:57 EDT 2004

The following message was sent by Sean Gillies <sgillies at frii.com> on
Fri, 28 May 2004 11:03:39 -0600.

> On May 28, 2004, at 10:30 AM, Lowell Filak wrote:
>
> > The following message was sent by Sean Gillies <sgillies at frii.com> on
> > Fri, 28 May 2004 08:00:31 -0600.
> >
> >> Will one of you enter this as a new MapScript-SWIG bug?  If it turns
> >> out that
> >> none of us are using the msDBF* functions through mapscript, then I
> >> should see
> >> about removing them from the module.
> >>

> > Can it be removed? I was under the impression that TCL/MapScript
> > needed it.
> >
> > Lowell
> >

> The mapscriptsupp.tcl file hasn't been modified since MapServer 3.5.
> I'll bet
> a beer at MUM2 that it is already broken in spots against MapServer 4.3
> (CVS).
>
> I'd really like to know if there are any users of it.  I won't make any
> radical
> changes without finding out.  But, as a general principle, I advocate
> removing
> unused stuff from the module as soon as we can safely do so.
>
> cheers,
> Sean

I'm also pretty certain it's broken (for a while).
I think the discussion on it dates back a bit and I don't recall a fix.
The biggest area of use for TCL/MapScript is workbench which doesn't
appear to have had any maintenance in quite a while and I don't suppose
it would be too much to change it to Perl/TK depending on interest given
MapLab & later projects.

Lowell