One question about MetadataURL on WMS 1.1.1 Mapserv

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Thu Sep 2 10:04:23 EDT 2004

Hi There,

  I have added an enhancemnt bug on this in mapserver (Bug 844). You
should add youself in the bug so you are aware of the development. If
you have any comments, please update the bug. I will address this before
the next release.

Later,

m.manso at euitto.upm.es wrote:

> Hello Assefa,
>
> I want to use Mapserv WMS in a project prototype to provide access to hundreds of old
> maps digitized and rectified, documented with ISO19115 metadata. First problem that i
> find is the limit of 100 layers per map file, but this can be solve dividing in different
> services.
>
> Second and more important for me is link each layer ( old map) with his own metadata
> file. In WMS Implementation Specification Version 1.1.1 and in Capabilities DTD
> schema there are field MetadataURL ( 7.1.4.5.10) in with define Standard (as attribute),
> format and onlineResource of Metadata file.
>
> In actual development version of Mapserv, that is compliant with version 1.1.1 this isn't
> implemented, and i think that is easy similar to Style.
>
> My question is simple:
>
> Is possible include this MetadataURL(type,format and URL) fields in METADATA
> section of Layers section of Map file?
>
> If it were possible, registration WMS operation on Catalog of services enable the access
> to dataset description (metadata).
>
> Thank you,
>
> Miguel A. Manso Callejo
> E.U.I.T.Topográfica