mapserver swf support

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Sep 8 15:45:41 EDT 2004

Hi There,

  I am not sure right now where the message comes from, but  by quickly
checking your map file, It seems that some critical elemnts are missing
(for eg there are no DATA nor CLASS elements associated with your
layer). Things that might help you :

    - make sure that all the paths that you have specified in the map
file are valid. (You can use if you want absolute path to make sure of that)
     - try filling up missing infos like data and class in your layer

     - try outputing your data using any gd output (like png for
example) (Just need to define "imagetype png" in your file)

     - If you have a valid png, you can then switch back to swf output.

Hope it help,

Bejot, Jason T NWD02 wrote:

> I have the cgi-bin mapserver with oracle support thats available on the
> mapserver website.  It seems to be installed correctly when i do a
> mapserv.exe -v ... however when i try to ask for a swf file in a web
> browser, all it gives me is this line of text:

> What does this mean?  I've been trying to figure it out for days but
> nothing is working.  I need to get this working to finish my flash
> application. Please help!
>
> This is my test map file, it should work.
> <<JFlower.map>>

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca