virtual spatial data problem

kallwn kallwn at ICIRCUS.NET
Thu Sep 9 10:59:50 EDT 2004

Saw this being discussed in relation to IIS and MS SQL Server but did not see a final answer on this and my set up is a little different. I have mapserver running on a MS Windows 2000 Server with Apache II and with PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta1. I have a map where I'm trying to pull data from a Postgres database. Since I only need a few columns and will eventually be using a JOIN I need to include the actual SQL statement in the .ovf file. And on top of that since I will be passing a variable from the template that map will be in I need to make the ovf file as part of the map file. So far no problems, I've done this before and everything works perfectly and I had high hopes for this map. However when the map layer will not display. I can see they symbol showing up in the legend but nothing will show in the map. When I put the statement from the map layer in a ovf file and run ogrinfo the file is found and read but I get the following error:

ERROR 1: SetAttributeFilter() not supported on ExecuteSQL() results.

This occurs in Postgres and also in MySQL. However when I replace the <SrcSQL>  statement with a <SrcLayer> point to the table everything works fine. I have changed nothing in the setup another map using the same setup (including the ovf being in the map file) works fine and the table it is pulling from is in the same database as the one that is giving me fits. And yes I created a new databasse and redid the ODBC and it is a System ODBC.

Any suggestions?