symbology question

Edward Glamkowski eglamkowski at MY.BOMIS.COM
Fri Sep 10 13:06:43 EDT 2004

Hello all - my company is considering the use of MapServer, but we have
a specific need and we'd like to know if MapServer can do it.

Our client wants to be able to view maps on the web, but also be able
to change the symbology of the web-map on the fly.

Like in ESRI's ArcMap, in the layer pane if you double click a symbol you
get a Layer Properties dialog from which you can change the Symbology.

We'd like to do a similar dialog for a web map, though just for symbology,
and are wondering if MapServer supports something like that.

Thanks!