Javascript

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 10 16:35:03 EDT 2004

Michael Smith wrote:
> Hi rich,
>
> I have spoke to you in the past on issues with jbox.  I am a mapserver user
> and subscribe to the list.  I saw your website and was wondering if you
> would mind sharing some of your javascript for the button functions such as
> zoom in/out, pan,etc.  If not, would you mind at least providing some hints
> as to how I would go about doing this in javascript?

I am copying the mapserver-users list with this email so others can
share and so that it will go into the archive.

You can fetch the Javascript driving any web page pretty easily. If
the Javascript is within an HTML document, just use your browser to
view the source. If the Javascript gets loaded from a separate source
file, you will see a line in the HTML page like the following:
     <script language="JavaScript" src="tc/tc.js"></script>
In which case you can fetch the source by combining the URI of the
page containing the reference and the reference like this:
     http://www2.tetonwyo.org/mapserver/tc/tc.js
(where "http://www2.tetonwyo.org/mapserver/" is the URI of the
containing page and "tc/tc.js" reference to the Javascript source
file).

Regards,
--
Richard Greenwood