Syntax for Intersect filter

Berend Veldkamp berend.veldkamp at ARIS.NL
Fri Sep 17 08:48:26 EDT 2004

Hi,

I know how to use a simple filter in an sld file, but can anyone tell me
what the exact syntax is for an Intersect filter? A simple example of
how to deal with the gml:Polygon element will suffice.

Here's my simple filter, I call it like this:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=test.map&version=1.0.0&service=wms
   &request=getmap&layers=nap&styles=&sld=http://localhost/sld.xml

sld.xml contains:
<StyledLayerDescriptor version='1 0 0'>
   <NamedLayer>
     <Name>nap</Name>
     <UserStyle>
       <Title>nap</Title>
       <FeatureTypeStyle>
         <Rule>
           <Filter>
             <PropertyIsEqualTo>
               <PropertyName>x</PropertyName>
               <Literal>170000</Literal>
             </PropertyIsBetween>
           </Filter>
           <PointSymbolizer>
             <Graphic>
               <Size>5</Size>
               <Mark>
                 <WellKnownName>square</WellKnownName>
                 <Fill>
                   <CssParameter name="fill">#0000ff</CssParameter>
                 </Fill>
               </Mark>
             </Graphic>
           </PointSymbolizer>