GetFeatureInfo on ESRI binary grid

Frans Knibbe frans at GEODAN.NL
Mon Sep 20 09:11:30 EDT 2004

Hello people,

I am using mapserver 4.2.3 with GDAL and I have a problem. Maybe someone
can help? I am trying to get the GetFeatureInfo request to work on an
ArcInfo grid. The grid displays well. Here is a part of the map file in
its current shape:

  LAYER
    NAME "elevation"
    DATA "E:\data\elevation"
    TYPE RASTER
  END

  LAYER
    STATUS ON
    NAME "elevation_query"
    DATA "E:\data\elevation"
    TYPE QUERY
    DUMP TRUE
    TEMPLATE template.htm
  END

As you can see, I have defined two layers, one for display and one for
query. This is because I could not get the "type raster" layer to become
queryable. When I request the capabilities, the second layer is reported
to be queryable, but the first not. However, a getFeatureInfo request
results in the following error:

<ServiceException>
 msSHPOpenFile(): Unable to access file. (E:\data\elevation)
 msSHPOpenFile(): Unable to access file. (E:\data\elevation)
 </ServiceException>

Is there something I am obviously doing wrong? Is there another raster
format that might work better?

Thanks in advance,

Frans