buffer

Vladimir Guzmán bigfoot at MAIN-TASK.COM
Wed Sep 22 13:40:18 EDT 2004

sudip dey wrote:

>Hello,
>        i am working upon a GIS-project using PHP-mapscript and
>mapserver.Now i have to buffer areas of the map which are at a given
>distance away from a line layer.I have to shade the region with
>different color.
>
>        Any comments and code in this respect will
>be greatfully accepted.
>        Thanking you............Sudip

You can accomplish this task using postgis.
It could be something like:

data="select desired_buffer from(select buffer(the_geom,2) as
desired_buffer,oid from the_table) using srid=1 using unique oid"

Hope that helps,

--
Vladimir Ilich Guzmán R.