points in a multipolygon set from oraclespatial

Judd, Chris Chris.Judd at DEP.STATE.FL.US
Thu Sep 23 09:10:23 EDT 2004

Could you make a Oracle view of the data and present it as two different
layers?

-Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]On
Behalf Of GIRAUD Pierre
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 6:48 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] points in a multipolygon set from
oraclespatial

Hi list,

Today, I'm in front of a particular problem. For a customer, I need to
render oraclespatial data.
In the database, I have shapes with a '2007' SDO_GTYPE, that says
multipolygons. Hopelessly, in the SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY, including the
polygons (2003), some points (1003) can be found. Curious for a
multipolygon, and you might want to say that it'd better be a Collection
(2004) ! But I can't modify data.

The problem is that if define my layer with an oraclespatial
connectiontype, the layer is rendered. On the other hand, with an
OGR/OCI connectiontype, mapserver crashes.

Any idea ?

Pierre GIRAUD
camptocamp