SET THE SCALE OF WHERE CLASSES OF FEATURES DISPLAY

WEST.BOB WEST.BOB at MYFLORIDAHOUSE.COM
Thu Sep 23 14:37:52 EDT 2004

I am new to mapserv. I am trying to set-up a map file for roads. I have
a field in my road shape file that has a number from 1 to 6. 6 is the
interstate, 5 are the major roads and it goes down to 1 that are private
sub division roads. I want to set-up one layer with 6 classes, one for
each class of roads. Then at different scales I want to set different
classes of roads to display and to show its name. Seams to me there
should be a way to set the color, the maximum and minimum scale that
each class of roads line shows and a separate setting to set the scale
of its label. Can anyone give me an example MAP file for doing this?

The object of this is so that when I look at the full map all I see are
the interstates and as I zoom in I see more roads and more labels till I
get down to the point I see all roads and labels.

Thanks

Bob West