a new thought on refence maps.

Bob Basques bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Fri Sep 24 16:30:51 EDT 2004

Lowell Filak wrote:

>If you integrate some form of mapscript I don't see why you couldn't
>change the referenceMapObj->{image} on the fly.

I can write out the image easy enough from perl, but the reference
imagemap capababilities would need to be generated seperately.  I was
just wondering about the possibilities from the standard CGI calls.  I
wondered about putting a URL in for the image designation for instance,
if that worked, then I could pass in a new reference map config via the
URL complete with new extents.

It might be easier in the end though, to just make it a seperate image
call to MapServer and handle the reference (non-mapserver) maps via PERL
directly.

bobb