[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Query not showing Map/Scale/Legend

Skweda O'Bomsawin sobomsawin at KASSINI.COM
Mon Sep 27 09:24:51 EDT 2004

Ike,

To get the Mapserver demo working, you must at least:

1-       Have a working installation of Apache with CGI support

2-       Have a working installation of Mapserver CGI

3-       Change variables of the Map file (SHAPEPATH, TEMPLATE and WEB block
particularly) according to your system

4-       Change variables of the HTML files according to your system

You can verify your Mapserver CGI installation by sending a test URL to your
server (see the doc from Mapserver web site).  I recommend you take a look
at this tutorial which will guide you through the installation and testing
process:

HYPERLINK
"http://terrasip.gis.umn.edu/projects/tutorial/"http://terrasip.gis.umn.edu/
projects/tutorial/

Otherwise, you can use the DMSolutions Maplab product:

HYPERLINK
"http://www.dmsolutions.ca/techserv/maplab.html"http://www.dmsolutions.ca/te
chserv/maplab.html

Best regards,