3.6 migration to 4.2, Lines & Points, Symbols & Queries, GMAP

TC Haddad tchaddad at CSHORE.COM
Tue Sep 28 18:36:52 EDT 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:54:57 +0200, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_Schaffrath?=
<2BJOERNS at GMX.DE> wrote:

>TCHaddad schrieb:
>> Listers,
>>
>> We have a strange migration issue that we are struggling to solve. In
our recent migration of a GMAP-based application from MS 3.6.0 to 4.2.2, we
seem to have lost the ability to query POINT and LINE files.

>> I tried drawing the point layer with huge symbols to make sure that I
was definitely hitting the item I was trying to Query, but
>> it made no difference. Am somewhat stumped as to where to look next as I
can't think why POLYGON queries would work but others would not. >>
>> Any ideas would be great...
>>
>> Tanya

>Hi Tanya,
>
>I´ve got the same problem a few weeks ago. you have to set
>toleranceunits and tolerancesize in your mapfiles (see the docu).
>
>björn

danke björn!
setting "TOLERANCE 10" for all POINT and LINE layers fixed the problem.
cheers,
Tanya