[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Help In Accessing/Displaying Mapscripts

Skweda O'Bomsawin sobomsawin at KASSINI.COM
Wed Sep 29 10:43:57 EDT 2004

Ike,

You can run your phtml like any other html file from your web server.  To do
that, you just have to set the type in your httpd.conf file (if you are
using Apache of course):

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml

AddType application/x-httpd-php-cgi .php .phtml               # If you want
to run php as cgi

Action application/x-httpd-php-cgi /cgi-bin/php433             # Where is
your php cgi application

Of course, you must have compiled Apache and PHP to work together (see
HYPERLINK
"http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc42/phpmapscript-install-howto.html"http://m
apserver.gis.umn.edu/doc42/phpmapscript-install-howto.html or search Google
for an installation adapted to your OS).

This way, you will be able to call your application as HYPERLINK
"http://your.host/your_script.phtml"http://your.host/your_script.phtml

P.S. These USA demo files have to be edited to your settings before you can
run them
  See the Mapserver installation and PHP/Mapscript documentation.

Cheers!

Skweda O'Bomsawin