Generate map image names from PHP MapScript

Lowell Filak lfilak at MEDINACO.ORG
Wed Sep 29 12:29:20 EDT 2004

The following message was sent by Doug <ummmmm at MYREALBOX.COM> on Wed, 29
Sep 2004 10:41:30 -0500.

> The NAME attribute in the .map file is used as the prefix for generated
> images when using the CGI interface, but it isn't being used with our PHP
> MapScript code. Those images just have the unique numeric identifier in
> their file names. Is there any way to change this?

Doug,

If you're currently using saveWebImage() to save the file you could use
saveImage(string filename) instead and be able to specify whatever you
want for the name. I'm not sure there is any method available that would
allow you to access the random saveWebImage string for use in saveImage
or any way to tell saveWebImage to use prefix "X" when naming.

HTH

Lowell