shp2tile question

Mon Apr 11 17:01:09 EDT 2005

Don,

Like I said there is no magic number. If you are most showing all your
parcels most of the time then there is not value in having it tiled. One
of the MOST important performance issues is to make sure all your *.shp
files have a *.qix file.

Try a different set of tiling parameters and test it again.

Did you have *.qix on you original shapefile? If not go back to that and
add one (shptree file.shp) and see how it performs untiled.

-Steve