Can ArcIMS 9.0 or any ArcGIS products consume WMS or WFS web ser vices?

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 26 12:22:50 EDT 2005

Hi Regina, and others,

Yes, ArcGIS Version 9, service pack 2 will accept wms connections, and
it does so in a surprisingly user-friendly way.

BUT

I have tried and tried, and have never been able to print any ArcGIS
map containing a WMS layer successfully. All non-WMS layers will print
fine, but the WMS layers are missing, as if when the map regenerates
for printing, no time is given to allow the WMS source to re-send it's
part of the map.

Also, any type of exporting the map ... to JPG, to PDF etc. will have
the same problem.

So unless someone knows what I'm doing wrong, ArcGIS will display WMS,
but not print or export WMS, making it fairly useless.

Cheers,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC