[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] dynamically change reference map image

Thu Apr 28 12:55:26 EDT 2005

I did look through the source code, and at least for 4.4+ you should be
able to use something like: map_reference_image=foo.gif. On my labtop I
think I even had a demo application that did just this, I'll check.
There are no security hobbles for a reference map.

Steve

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 01:24 pm, Richard Greenwood wrote:

> > Hi everyone
> >
> > is it possible to dynamically set the properties of the REFERENCE
object
> > in a map file?
> >
> > for example,
> >
> > i would like to adjust my map file based on URL arguments:
> >

> > REFERENCE
> >                 STATUS ON
> >                 IMAGE "%file_name%.png"
>
> Have you set the DATAPATTERN? See:
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc44/mapfile-reference.html#map
>
> Richard Greenwood

I have tried all of the above suggestions, and nothing seems to work.
For now,
I am using a more general static reference map as a temporary fix.

this was with mapserver 4.4.2 compiled from source on Debian/Testing.

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis