ClickToPoint with projection

Dan Taylor logicalgenetics at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 1 11:53:32 EDT 2005

I am having problems with translating click coordinates to map
coordinates in mapscript/PHP.  I have written a simple function which
converts click coords to map coords based on a flat (lat/long)
projection and it works well.  However, I have now decided to use a
mercator projection and, of course, the method no longer works
correctly.

Has anyone written a PHP function to convert from image coordinates to
map coordinates when a mercator projection is used?

If not, can anyone tell me where to look for help!

Very best to all,

Dan

--
Dan Taylor

Software Development Engineer, JTL Systems Ltd
PhD Student, Reading University, UK

http://www.logicalgenetics.com