ClickToPoint with projection

Jeff Portwine jdport at VERITIME.COM
Mon Aug 1 12:00:09 EDT 2005

What I do , is I convert to lat/long the same way you did, and then put the
results in a point object and re-project that point to the mercator instead
of converting from click coordinates directly to mercator.

It seems to work ok...

-Jeff

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Taylor" <logicalgenetics at GMAIL.COM>
To: <MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU>
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 11:53 AM
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] ClickToPoint with projection

I am having problems with translating click coordinates to map
coordinates in mapscript/PHP.  I have written a simple function which
converts click coords to map coords based on a flat (lat/long)
projection and it works well.  However, I have now decided to use a
mercator projection and, of course, the method no longer works
correctly.

Has anyone written a PHP function to convert from image coordinates to
map coordinates when a mercator projection is used?

If not, can anyone tell me where to look for help!

Very best to all,

Dan

--
Dan Taylor

Software Development Engineer, JTL Systems Ltd
PhD Student, Reading University, UK

http://www.logicalgenetics.com