Expression not working on mapserver

Lego han (aka Doig) legoist at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 1 23:10:31 EDT 2005

  Below I have a snippet of a map file...  I get a blank image every
time I use the expression.  If I comment it out everything appears.
When I run the query, I get data....  What's the problem here?  I've
tried Quotes, no Quotes, all sorts of iterations.

Help...

  DATA "the_geom from (SELECT the_geom,CASE WHEN cfcc IN
 ('A11','A12','A13','A14','A15','A16')
  THEN 'freeway' ELSE 'road' END as roadtype,cfcc,
  fename,oid FROM roads) as foo USING unique oid"
 TYPE LINE
         STATUS ON
         CLASS
         EXPRESSION "([roadtype] = 'freeway')"