Image Caching

Kyle Mulka kmulka at GLC.ORG
Tue Aug 2 15:34:32 EDT 2005

Is there any way to tell mapserver to cache the images produced by the WMS
service and then replay those on an identical request later to speed things
up significantly?

Basically, I want a mapserver backend to Google Maps. Right now, I've gotten
two WMS layers similar to Google's Hybrid mode. I do have caching set up so
that mapserver isn't being used to draw most of the tiles, but I would like
this functionality behind the WMS service itself instead of in front.

Here's my demo:
http://maps.kylemulka.com/umbuildings-onsat.php

And another demo using Google's roads layer:
http://maps.kylemulka.com/umbuildings.php

-Kyle Mulka