problem with tiled layer

Hunter, David - St. Louis Park, MN David.Hunter at FNF.COM
Tue Aug 2 16:58:08 EDT 2005

Should I try and upgrade to 4.6?  What would be involved, merely copying
the contents of the bin directory to my cgi-bin?

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Warmerdam [mailto:fwarmerdam at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:51 PM
To: Hunter, David - St. Louis Park, MN
Cc: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] problem with tiled layer

On 8/2/05, Hunter, David - St. Louis Park, MN <David.Hunter at fnf.com>
wrote:

> I'm using Mapinfo files for vector data, some of the layers are
> county-based.  I created tiled index layers for these county-based
layers
> (my demo consists of four counties in North Carolina) using the
ogrtindex
> utility.  When the map straddles the border between two counties, the
tiled
> layers do not appear in one of the counties (the roads, etc. stop at
the
> county border).  Panning either direction so that the map no longer
> straddles the border makes the missing layers reappear.  I assume this
is a
> bug in GDAL/OGR or mapserver (CGI version 4.4.1).  Has anybody else
seen
> this problem?  Is there a workaround, or do I need to rethink my use
of
> tiled layers?  The application will need to cover the entire U.S., so
> effective indexing of the data is a requirement.

David,

I haven't seen a problem like this and find it a bit hard to imagine
how it could be occuring unless there are complicating factors
not clear from your email.

If you can reproduce in a way I can replicate easily with 4.6,
then I would be willing to dig into it and try to fix it.  I'm not too
keen on looking into 4.4 issues though.

Best regards,
------
warmerdam at pobox.com