mapserver 4.6 with oracle spatial

Stefan Kooman kooman at NIEUWLAND.NL
Wed Aug 3 06:13:23 EDT 2005

Dear Mapservusers,

I'm trying to compile mapserver 4.6 (on CentOS 4) with the following options:
./configure --with-oraclespatial --with-wmsclient --with-proj --with-gdal
--with-ogr --with-wfs --with-wms --with-wcs --with-sfsclient --without-tiff
--with-httpd=/usr/sbin/apachectl

I have installed oracle client and exported the home dir of oracle so
mapserver knows where to look.

When I try to make mapserver it returns the following error messages:

maporaclespatial.c -o maporaclespatial.o
maporaclespatial.c:129:17: oci.h: No such file or directory
maporaclespatial.c:151: syntax error before "OCINumber"
maporaclespatial.c:151: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
maporaclespatial.c:152: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `y'
maporaclespatial.c:152: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
maporaclespatial.c:153: syntax error before "z"
and so on...

I've been through the archives of the mapservermailinglist and someone did
had the same problem on SLES9, unfortunately no solution was provided. Does
anyone of you know what goes wrong here?

Thanks,

Stefan Kooman

P.s. mapserver compiles ok without oracle spatial...