WMS Server serving large raster

John Novak hetzerrr at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 4 01:52:24 EDT 2005

I'll be running some tests over the coming weekend using a TILEINDEX
composed of about
650 36MB files.  I have the files stored as tiled GeoTIFFs, with
overviews and have added a quadtree index using shptree.  I am hoping
the quadtree keeps queries from iterating over all entires in the
TILEINDEX, as appears to be occuring without.

Early tests with about 40 files, even with all files displayed, showed
relatively little performance degradation and results were definitely
acceptable.

Frank, the GDAL utilites are awesome !!

John Novak